Top 10 Edible Play Dough Recipes for Kids
If you love easy, no-hassle crafts and activities to do with your kids, then you are going to love these edible play dough recipes. They are excellent for use with your younger kiddos who like to put things in their mouths! These edible play dough recipes are easy to make and in most cases can be made in minutes. So, grab your kiddos and have some fun sensory play! We love that play dough is a great sensory activity that allows them to use their imagination. These Top 10 Play Dough Recipes for Kids are sure to keep your kids interest, and if they eat it, it’s no biggie!
Edible Play Dough Recipes
1. Ice Cream Play Dough Recipe by Smart School House. Where, oh where was this recipe when my kiddos were little? (smiling). We love, love, love this recipe for sensory play for kids that looks and moves exactly like ice cream. You’ve seriously got to try this!
2. Colorful and Edible Homemade Play Dough by Handmade Charlotte. You might be surprised by the ingredients in this recipe including baby rice cereal – we were, but it just goes to show that it is a great choice for little ones who put everything straight in their mouth!
3. Edible Marshmallow Playdough by MomDot. This recipe has no jello, no flour, no dry milk and no peanut butter, which makes it a really great choice for kids with allergies!
4. Birthday Cake Dough for Kids by The Life of Jennifer Dawn. This recipe for Edible dough or taste-safe dough is ideal for little ones who still put things in their mouth! It’s not only fun to play with, it smells amazing, too!
Playdough for Kids
5. Peanut Butter Play Dough Recipe by Kids Activities Blog. Pliable, low mess, edible, and only uses 3 ingredients, we can’t think what’s not to love about this recipe – well, unless your child has a peanut allergy. Then, you might want to stear clear.
6. Edible Hot Chocolate Play Dough by Nerdy Mamma. Taste-safe, easy, and fun to make, this is sure to be a winning recipe with your kids!
7. Taste Safe Oatmeal Play Dough by The Life of Jennifer Dawn. This recipe only uses 3 ingredients, and one of them is water, so it’s super simple. We can almost guarantee you have all of the ingredients on hand at home, too!
Play Dough Kids Can Eat
8. Edible Gluten Free No Cook Play Dough by Fun at Home with Kids. For all of you with kids with gluten sensitivities, this recipe is for you! Don’t you just love the vibrant colors, too?
9. Edible Peanut Butter Playdough by Powerful Mothering. After reading the ingredient list, I don’t know how you are going to keep your kids from devouring the playdough before they play with it….(snicker)
10. Taste Safe Vanilla Play Dough by Nerdy Mamma. Smells, great, and WHITE for those mamma that just want a while play dough just this one. (snicker)
Be sure to check out or other DIY Crafts for Kids posts for more inspiration!
Other Kids Crafts Posts You’ll Love:
- Dragon Paper Plate Puppet
- Top 10 Paper Plate Crafts for Kids
- Top 10 Edible Sensory Play Activities for Kids
- Top 10 Cereal Box Crafts for Kids
Don’t miss any of our DIY projects or our Top 10 Posts! Subscribe to our feed!